The Maintenance Engineer will work closely with the Manager, Maintenance & Reliability in administering the maintenance programs. Additionally, the Maintenance Engineer will work closely with the maintenance group in optimizing equipment availability and implementing effective maintenance & reliability programs.
- Mechanical, Material or Chemical Engineering degree, combined with registration or eligibility for registration as a Professional Engineer in Alberta is required
- 3 years’ experience in a heavy industrial operating company
- Foundational knowledge of maintenance and reliability programs and best practices, and the ability to apply the knowledge “fit for purpose”
- Familiarity with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), previous experience with Maximo an asset
- Strong computer and system skills, with the ability to quickly adapt to new softwares and processes
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with effective written and oral communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to develop cohesive technical documents and reports
- Strong problem solving skills, with familiarity of Root Cause Failure Analysis processes and tools an asset
- Familiarity with API, ASME, and other industry-relevant codes and standards
- Supporting the Manager, Maintenance and Reliability and the Senior Reliability Engineer, work in collaboration with maintenance and operations personnel to implement robust Maintenance Strategies & Reliability Programs - Asset Management work processes, CMMS, Maintenance Strategies - RCM/PM/PdM/CM, Spare Parts, Vibration Analysis, Lube Program & Oil Analysis, Equipment Performance Monitoring, Root Cause Failure Analysis, etc.
- Measure, monitor, and analyze Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to determine variance and continuous improvement opportunities
- Support the Senior Reliability Engineer in equipment performance monitoring, analysis and identification of degradation in performance.
- Support maintenance and operations with high level troubleshooting of equipment issues and operational concerns
- Provide support into Shutdown/Turnaround work scope development, planning & scheduling, and Turnaround execution
- Support the Manager, Maintenance and Reliability in developing inputs for operating budgets and in the tracking of costs
- Support failure investigations and root cause failure analysis (RCFA) of significant equipment failures to prevent re-occurrences and improve plant reliability and availability, and assist with the implementation of corrective actions.
- Develop, establish, and foster a strong, positive working relationship with stakeholders (i.e. maintenance supervisors, production, engineering; supply chain, vendors, contractors, etc.)
- This role is based at our Field Operations in Fort McMurray
- Preference will be made to those who are residents of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
- This role is not eligible for FIFO or Camp Accommodations
- This role is on a 7x7 rotation, 6 days @ 12 hours, 1 day @ 8 hours
- This is a safety sensitive position; and will be subject to pre-employment testing.