Reporting to the Document Control Lead for the Hangingstone Expansion Project, the Senior Document Controller will be responsible for accurate, organized and timely processing of engineering drawings and documents for the EPC phase of the project.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience in the field of document control or project administration
- Strong computer skills in MS Office and Adobe programs
- Familiarity with the use of Electronic Data Management Systems, particularly Sharepoint would be a strong asset
- Has personal initiative, is self- motivated, highly organized and detail-oriented
- Takes personal pride in doing any job well and seeing the job to completion
- Has good written, spoken and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt to change and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Is able to work well independently and in a team environment
- Receive, verify, log and distribute project documentation in accordance with approved procedures and quality standards
- Assign document numbers, track the distribution of, and control the release of project documents based on individual privileges
- Maintain an updated electronic database of project documentation, and prepare document status reports as required
- Interface with internal project members, and with external contractors and vendors in the overall management of project data
- Prepare, organize and manage documents for internal review, and assist the engineering team in completing peer reviews as required
- Perform audits to ensure document submissions meet the project schedule and quality standards
- Participate in the deployment of a new Electronic Document Management system and provide team training as required
- Prepare transmittals, scan/copy documents, manipulate data, edit files, assemble manuals, etc.
- Active participation in job process improvements.
- Performance of primary job responsibilities in an accurate, efficient, courteous, and enthusiastic manner.
- Active team membership, by cooperating and communicating relevant information with managers and coworkers.
- Compliance with Employment Policy Agreement.
- Appropriate self-management (punctuality, absences).
- The work is based in the Calgary office of the selected EPC contractor
- This position is a contract position until the end of 2014, with possibility for extension based on future project workload
JACOS is an equal opportunity employer.
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a challenging work environment.
For more information on this and other opportunities please visit us at: www.jacos.com
Application Deadline: Until a suitable candidate is selected.
Japan Canada Oil Sands Limited
2300, 639-5th Ave. SW
Alberta T2P 0M9
Fax: (403) 668-5218
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.