Reporting to the Manager, Supply Chain – HE Project, the Contract Administrator is part of a dynamic team responsible for the procurement of goods and services for Hanging Stone Expansion Project. The overall responsibilities for this role include managing commercial risk, enhancing competitive advantage, meeting internal Client’s expectations and specifications. The role will require some work on Project site as needed at Ft. McMurray to assist the Construction Management Team with procurement and contract related activities. This position is a term position for the term of the HE project construction phase.
- Relevant recognized diploma, degree or professional certification. Completion of applicable contract, business administration, law, accounting, and/or related subjects training.
- 5 - 8 years of Supply Chain Management experience in the field of Contracts Formation and Contracts Administration
- Experience in the preparation of Request For Proposals, Evaluation of Proposals, Negotiation of terms & conditions and administration of a broad range of complex technical high value/risk contracts with the attendant knowledge and experience of commercial, insurance, logistics, and legal issues preferably in Canadian (Alberta) environment
- Experience in managing full life cycle of Contracts, Purchase Orders and Agreements.
- Experience in formation and administration of Unit Rate, Lump Sum and Cost-Reimbursable contracts.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of tactical procurement process
- Experience in supplier analysis, screening and selection
- Interface with various business areas to develop procurement strategies, plans and schedules
- Work interactively with the business area personnel to ensure development of a clear scope of work
- Prepare procurement or contract plans for purchase of major equipment, spare parts, materials and services
- Pre-qualification and selection of bidders
- Development of Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Responsible for contractor pre-qualifications and preparation of bid lists
- Manage the RFP process, including receipt of proposals, proposal clarification, proposal evaluation, negotiations, and final award recommendation
- Procurement, contract execution
- Communicate with internal external client groups to secure approvals in accordance with established procedures
- Post awards, administer contracts (progress minutes, correspondence, filing, change order management and closeouts, performance measurement), and resolve claims or disputes according to delegated authority
- Compile statistical information
- Populate databases
- Provide technical guidance to co-workers
- Attest and approve Contractor invoices to ensure compliance with contract
- Conduct close out of contracts review and process back charges
- Participate in contract termination, claims, or dispute settlements according to delegated authority
- Coaches, monitors and participates in the performance evaluation of assigned project contract personnel. Participate in the development of appropriate methods of recognition and consequences for individual performance.
- Assists in the development of purchase order and contract processes and procedures and supporting documentation
- Ensuring cost effective and efficient procurement of goods and services is provided.
- Continually improving and identifying opportunities to enhance Supply Chain Management practices.
- Responsible for compliance of contracting plan and practices with legal and regulator.
- Working with HSE policies.
- Performance of primary job responsibilities in an accurate, efficient, courteous, and enthusiastic manner.
- Active team membership, by cooperating and communicating relevant information with managers and coworkers.
- Compliance with Corporate Policies.
- Appropriate self-management (punctuality, absences).
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Driven, result-oriented, and innovative in approach.
Ability to meet deadlines, motivated and be a self-starter
Ability to work with people of diverse disciplines, background and cultures
Ability to be flexible and to adapt to changing circumstances
- This job is based in Fort McMurray, AB
- 9/5 rotation with fly in/fly out
JACOS is an equal opportunity employer.
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a challenging work environment.
For more information on this and other opportunities please visit us at: www.jacos.com
Application Deadline: Until a suitable candidate is selected.
Japan Canada Oil Sands Limited
2300, 639-5th Ave. SW
Alberta T2P 0M9
Fax: (403) 668-5218
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.